How to measure investments and create stakeholder value?
Effectively extracting and representing benchmarking data for financial and industrial monitoring and planning, for reporting to governing bodies or shareholders requires considerable time, effort and resources.
For more than 10 years, PwC has been publishing an economic-financial and statistical observatory dedicated to Italian professional football as a whole, the "Report Calcio". Starting from this study, PwC has developed a web-based tool called the Football Strategy Tool that helps support the management of football clubs in making real-time strategic decisions to measure their financial, sporting and fan engagement, performance and investment, considering the competitive landscape, and creating value for their stakeholders.
The value is in the detail
The additional value of the tool lies in the available detail of economic/equity data (granularity of information available down to the individual balance sheet line) interpolated and correlated to sports results, value and age of the rosters, and statistical data on the fan base.
The Football Strategy Tool condenses into a single tool:
More than 10 years of historical statistical and financial data (from the 2009/2010 season) on 69 Serie A and Serie B teams
Over 20 dynamic views that can be tailored to the user's needs through centralised management of stakeholder requests in a single channel.
Over 25 KPIs to help you analyse economic and financial correlations, the evolution of the fan base and its engagement, commercial data such as attendance and ticketing, and monitor compliance indicators.
The evolution of the value of the clubs' rosters, with details for each player, to provide a relevant parameter for the definition of the clubs' management incentives.
Get to know our solution
We developed an overview of the Italian football market and at the same time detailed statistical data on the individual Clubs so as to provide a complete picture of the economic/competitive context of the reference sector for the benefit of public, private and/or institutional stakeholders. This is to support the optimisation of the planning and sustainability capabilities in the medium term of Clubs and to increase the attractiveness of the entire sector, all in one dynamic web-based tool.
For whom is the Football Strategy Tool
Through the Football Strategy Tool, PwC supports the management (CEOs, CFOs, Business Area Managers, CMOs, etc.) and the management of Serie A and Serie B football clubs in defining their strategic plans and monitoring their performance against the trend of the market in which they operate.
Features and Benefits
- Correlation of sporting results, economic-financial performance and value and age of the rosters (view both at the level of Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet for both League and Club)
- Value and age of the Rosters (distinction of own and on loan players)
- Fanbase (stadium attendance, ticketing, benchmarking, social network analysis: followers, posts, likes, engagement rate)
- Income Statement (overall view, for League, for Club, and direct benchmarking)
- Balance Sheet (overview, for League, for Club, and direct benchmarking)
- Profitability Analysis (overall view, for cluster of interest)
- KPIs (overall view, for League, for Club, direct benchmarking, clustering into financial, economic and operational KPIs)